LUCKY!! Nursing Student Escape Death As Gas Explosion Rocks Makurdi (Details)

A 100-level student, Stella Mekiah and her hostel mates narrowly escaped death on Tuesday after gas explosion rocked the Benue State School of Nursing and Midwifery in Makurdi.

The principal of the school, Mrs Victoria Gusa, told newsmen that the incident occurred while Mekiah was cooking in her room in the hostel.

According to the principal, the explosion occurred at the third floor of the hostel and was caused by a faulty gas cylinder.

“Stella had returned from church and was preparing her lunch inside her hostel when the gas cooker exploded and burnt her severely.

“Her hair was burnt, as well as her abdomen. She is at the intensive unit of the Federal Medical Centere, Apir. She lost a lot of fluid. Although she talks, it is incoherent,” the principal said.

The state Deputy Governor, Benson Abounu, who visited the school, frowned at the situation where students cooked inside the hostel, saying, “This is highly unacceptable.”

Abounu also condemned the absence of a central dining hall at the institution and instructed the Commissioner for Health, Mrs. Cecilia Ojabo, to address “this anomaly.”

The post LUCKY!! Nursing Student Escape Death As Gas Explosion Rocks Makurdi (Details) appeared first on Naijaloaded | Nigeria No. 1 Online Portal.

Share Button